I DO IN THE SUMMER - WHAT FLOWER TYPES ARE AVAILABLE IN THE SUMMER?
A summer wedding is perfect for the bride that likes bright, vibrant, full blooms. During the warm weather season, color is in abundance and there are many different types of flowers that flourish. We’ve put together a list of the top 5 summer wedding flowers and have included some inspiration for how you can include these blooms on your special day.
1. Roses are romantic and a timeless wedding flower. Of all the varieties, the garden rose is the most popular for the summer. They are grown with a focus on their sweet fragrance and billowy shape. Most commonly seen in shades of pink and white, breeders have made these beautiful stems available in almost any color imaginable. For the perfect summer bouquet, pair with peonies, or set these roses as a focal piece of your ceremony as a backdrop.
2. Dahlias begin to bloom in mid-July and remain in season well into the fall. The bride going for a minimalist look will find that these flowers are full enough to stand alone. They are available in peach, red, lavender, white, yellow, orange and pink varieties.
3. Orchids are sure to make a bold statement on their own or in an arrangement. They can serve as an accent in a centerpiece with roses or alone in a cascading bouquet. Although orchids are most commonly seen in weddings in white or purple, their color ranges from blue to red and orange.
4. Hydrangeas are considered to be some of the most long-lasting wedding flowers. Although white is most popular, they come in shades of pink, blue, violet, yellow and green. They can stand alone or can be arranged with roses for a classic bridal look.
5. Calla Lilies have become the flower for modern weddings. They can be used for jaw-dropping floral chandeliers or for boutonnieres providing a formal, yet simple semblance. Starting in the spring, Cala Lilies can be found in lighter shades of purple, yellow, and white.